This week I decided to do a Literary Manicure for the book Before You Suffocate Your Own Fool Self by Danielle Evans. She’s a young writer from the DMV, and her first book was awesome! It was one of the first books in a long time where I felt I could recognize myself in the stories. Also, the cover had lots of great autumnal colors, so I wanted to give it a shot. Peep the tutorial below:
1. Always prep your materials! From left to right: some random maroon color from my beauty bag, “L’orange” by L’Oreal, French Tip White by NYC, Diamond Flash clear coat by Sally Hansen. Also, note the sponge, the nail brush and the mixing rod.
2. I did an ombre for this mani, so go ahead and paint the base color (L’orange). I gave it about 3 coats because it was thin and dried quickly.
3. Alright, so for the ombre (check this post from last week for more info). Add some droplets of orange and maroon polish, stir with the mixing rod, dab your sponge in and apply to the nail around the tip. Make sure your base color is completely dry so that when you apply the ombre it doesn’t lift off with the sponge. Also, don’t mix your colors on a Jordan shoe box, it creates a film on the polish. Use a plastic sheet or a sandwich bag. I was being a bit lazy, lol.
4. Next, grab that nail brush and the white polish and get creative! The cover of BYSYOFS has free form white lines, so I kinda just did whatever. Enlist the help of others if you are not ambidextrous.
5. Apply a coat of quick drying clear polish and voila! Book nails! Let me know what you think in the comments section, and what books I should do next.