Sup y’all!This week has been super exciting – lots of updates. Peep them below!
1. DopeReads won the Black Weblog Award for Best Book/Author Blog! This was only due to God and the readers, so thank you so much for your support. IT WOULDN’T BE POSSIBLE WITHOUT YOU!
2. As a result, DopeReads will be undergoing some construction. This is a good thing. Beginning next week DR will roll out changes to spruce up the look and feel of the site, so give feedback on what features YOU would like to see! DR will also be posting more frequently during the week, so get ready for more content like interviews, book reviews, and podcasts.
3. A DopeReads Event is coming REAL soon, in conjunction with a DOPE organization and a DOPE author. So stay tuned
4. I’ll be participating in NaNoWrimo! If you don’t know, its a 30 day writing challenge to write a 50k word novel. So far I have a part of an outline, which I will be working on today and tomorrow, and then will get started writing on Sunday. Please keep me honest, because I have a hard time doing anything for 30 days except diddling around on Twitter and stuffing my face.
5. Since reading and writing are near and dear to my heart, I wanted to share my joy with the world. I just got my literacy tutor certificate! And I meet with my student this Monday so I’m super pumped. Wish me luck!
Ok that’s all I got! What’s cracking with you this week/end?